Want to participate in your local community? Become a sponsor for Georgia Middle School Athletic Association and support youth in your area.
Friday, July 31, 2020
The GMSAA is following along with the GHSA. Each Member School should follow the COVID-19 guidelines in place with their School District and/or High School Football program. Each School District may be more restrictive than the GHSA guidelines. Below is what the GMSAA is following:
1) Intra-squad competitions (7-on-7) with use of football are allowed but competition between schools is illegal.
2) Groups are not limited in numbers, but teams should consider limiting groups as much as feasibly possible.
3) Football Helmets only start on Monday, August 3. See the GMSAA Calendar for full pads and practice guidelines.
4) Mask or face covering is highly encouraged for Coaching Staff, Parents and Volunteers to wear. Let's do our part to help slow the spread of Covid-19.
5) Social distancing should be adhered to as much as possible.
GMSAA PRACTICE GUIDELINES:
Parent / Player Screening questions:
If a player answers “Yes” to any question, they should be sent home. They should not be allowed to return for 14 days or when the symptoms no longer exist, which is longer. However, they may return sooner with verification of a negative COVID-19 test or a release from your physician.
Remember our programs are made up of voluntary coaching staff, team moms, team administrators, equipment personnel and many, many more parent volunteers. All those volunteers are necessary to help make sure our return to workouts goes without an incident. Member programs must communicate with your parents and players prior to participating in voluntary practice. Recommendations and restrictions are fluid and subject to change. Safety must be our top priority.
Thank you for our sponsors of Georgia Middle School Athletic Association?